It's winter and it's time to eat the red delicious carrots and when we talk about the carrots the one thing that comes to every Indian is eating Gajar Ka Halwa ,
“But is it healthy enough?😐😮
Can I have it if I am trying to lose some weight?🤔”
Nevertheless, how can one resist seasonal favourite dessert that we have grown up eating and that everybody just loves to indulge eating!😮🤐🥕
Yes good news is Carrots🥕 are packed with beta carotene, which is later on converted into vitamin A by the body.
Here is a quick insight into the benefits of carrots:
- Carrots when eaten RAW are an excellent source of Vitamin A as well as potassium
- Carrots 🥕 contain many other vitamins like Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, they contain thiamine, folic acid, as well as magnesium.
- Carrots 🥕 when cooked carrots contain more than triple amount of Vitamin A of the RDA.
🙋Now that you know that carrot are healthy you can also have get free Gajar Ka Halwa that is carrot pudding by just applying few tricks here and there! 🙇
Variations to make Gajar Ka Halwa 🥕 healthy and less in calories:✌️✌️👌👌
- The first ingredient in any dessert or sweet dish is Ghee, ✌️ for a low cal halwa, you can reduce the quantity of the GI while increasing the amount of milk you put in cooking the halwa to make it 💁 moist and tender.
- 👉You also require ghee for the absorption of Vitamin A which is fat soluble and it needs some fat for the absorption of the vitamin itself. 😊 Which makes having ghee guilt free.👍
- Try using double toned or toned milk in place of khoya or cream.
- Add some raisins or Sultanas 🍇 to the halwa in order to reduce the amount sugar used as it will help making the halwa sweet. They are full of antioxidants 😃
- The milk 🥛 used to prepare the halwa gives you the needed calcium and protein and if you top the halwa or add in dry fruits it will give not only protein but also the required amount of healthy fats that are important for the absorption of Vitamin A that is present in 🥕carrots.👌
🔄☺Carrot halwa is not only nutritious and flavorful but it is also gluten free ☺️which makes it great option for those intolerant to gluten as they can have the halwa even as a breakfast option for proper nourishment. 🔄
So this winter enjoy your Carrot Halwa 🥕🥕 guilt free!😁👌💃